At times, due to your busy and fast life, we tend to miss out on the essential nutrients such as protien, vitamins and minerals which are responsible for our good health. Good nutrition is the most important factor in achieving optimal health. If we face some type of challenges in life which doesn’t allow us to have a balanced diet all the time, then supplementing out daily diet with food supplements is quick, easy and effective way to fill nutrient gaps.
Supplements are basically substitute of the essential nutrients which we don’t eat in our busy daily routine. Since these Supplements provides us with the required nutrients, it helps us get extra energy and helps us build muscles.
Who needs supplementation?
1) Anyone not having a balanced diet needs supplements. Importance of balanced diet has been mentioned time and again and to fill in the nutrient gaps, we do need supplements.
2) Body builders, muscle builders and athletes who are suppose to take extra intake of recommended nutrients must take supplements. Normal diet normally doesn’t provide you with extra amount of nutrients.
3) Pregnant women need supplements such as iron, folic acid and calcium.
4) Teenagers generally do not consume adequate iron.
5) Since vegetarians do not consume animal products, they fell short of protein, iron, vitamin B12, zinc and calcium.
6) Children need supplements for their growing body and for developing bones. They can be given tasty chewable multivitamin and mineral supplements along with protein and vitamin drinks and shakes.
You have to be extra careful when it comes to supplements because most of the so called supplements do not work in Building Muscles. But no doubt, good supplements gives you an extra edge when it comes to Building Muscles.
One of the most popular and well known Supplement is CREATINE .
CREATINE: Creatine when combined with proper balanced diet gives you extra energy during Muscle Building . It allows you to put more effort during workouts.It also speeds up your muscle gain and you will see the results comparatively faster than without Creatine.
To get Creatine directly from food, Have Meat once a day. Meat is one of the best source for Creatine.
Point to be noted down : Do not take extra dosage of Creatine. It doesn’t help. Take in the amount advised by your physical trainer or Physician . Make sure you take in the pure Creatine as lots of fake supplements are out there in the market ready to dupe you. Be careful!!
Also other supplements like Carbohydrate Supplements or some fluids might help, but again be very careful and take proper advice from a physical trainer before using them.
Carbohydrate Supplements provides your body with extra Carbohydrates Carbohydrates basically triggers the growth hormone along with protein which helps in building great muscles.
Protein Drinks are wonderful as they give you extra energy without using up insulin. Vitamin and minerals capsules are very much in demand since they provide you with the required nutrients in quicker and efficient way.
Caution: Taking too much of vitamin E supplements can be hazardous to health rather than being a benefit. according to researchers at Johns Hopkins University, use of high dose vitamin E supplements, in excess of 400 IU ( international units ) is associated with a higher overall risk of dying.